Apr 1, 2008

Loadshedding Blues

The time is now 2:25 in the afternoon and I can download my emails for the first time today.

I came into the office at 8:30 as usual and made a cup of coffee while my email replicated - or so I thought. The mail server in the UK was down, so I resolved to wait until the office there opened so I could replicate. When they came on line at around 9:30 here I sent a message requesting they take a look at the server. This they duly did, but before they finished  fixing the problem loadshedding kicked in. This might not be such a big deal for some, but we are required by head office to remain at our desks, otherwise they seem to think we are not working [this is beside the fact that I could actually connect from home with no problems, loadshedding or not]. So from 10:00 this morning until now I could not download emails. Half a day's work I must now catch up.

So much for forward thinking and trusting your employees.

When will management actually realise that you don't have to be sitting at your desk to be productive.
Blogged with the Flock Browser

No comments:

Post a Comment